The Education Market
A recent study by BMO Capital Markets estimated the current US education market at $1.3 trillion dollars. That includes more than 100,000 schools and the associated salaries, furniture, pension contributions, etc. Education expenditures comprise 9% of the US Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and are second only to healthcare. Postsecondary education represents approximately 43% ($550 billion) of that total of the total revenue, while K-12 accounts for the remaining 57% ($770 billion).
Total enrolment from 2011 to 2022 for postsecondary students is projected to increase to 24 million students, a 14% increase over the 11 year period. This represents a decline in growth rate over the preceding decade, which witnessed a 45% increase in postsecondary students. In addition to the slowing projected demand, other factors are also playing major roles in shaping the future strategy of the higher-education sector:
These dynamics create new and pressing challenges for postsecondary institutions. Through customized research, many colleges and universities will need to develop a deep understanding of how these market conditions will affect them, and then embrace the changes necessary to grow in this challenging environment.
Priority Metrics Group conducts custom market research and provides unparalleled insight needed for enrollment planning, retention strategy, branding, strategic marketing, and other important initiatives.
Our Research Includes
Areas of Concentration
Representative Education Projects
Clients in the Education Market Include:
"Our organization has been most impressed with your work on this project. From our early conversations, in which you helped us further refine the information sought via the research, through the flexibility and sensitivity you demonstrated in arranging the necessary interviews with our target group, to the excellent, easy-to-understand presentation of the research results within a time frame that met our needs, we were consistently struck by the high degree of professionalism and knowledge of the sector that you brought to the project."
Dr. Gerry McIntyre
Canadian Educational Resources Council
P.O. Box 1943
Spartanburg, SC 29304
Phone : +1-864-573-6151